We use a limited number of cookies on this TfL Oyster photocard website to make it easy to use. Our cookies help to make the website and this cookie banner work during each visit and to implement security controls. We also collect some information about how visitors use this website, but we do not use this to identify you as an individual. We are gradually implementing a new way for cookies to be controlled across all TfL websites, including this one.

Learn more about the rollout of our cookie preference tool and how you can control cookies now

Transport for LondonTransport for London

Help reporting your Oyster photocard Lost, Stolen or Damaged

I don't have my Zip Oyster photocard number or application reference number. Can I still get my child's replacement photocard online?
You will need your child's Zip Oyster photocard or Application reference number to apply for a replacement online. If you previously applied for your child's photocard online, use your web account to apply for a replacement. If you need help, call us on 0343 222 1234 (08:00-20:00, 7 days a week).

Is there a fee for getting a replacement photocard online?
There is a fee of £10.00 for all replacement Oyster photocards. You can pay this online by credit/debit card or you can print a verification letter and pay at the Post Office.

The card I want to order is not the same photocard I originally applied for. Can I still apply online?
Yes, if your child holds a 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard and they now need an 11-15 photocard or they have an 11-15 Zip Oyster photocard and now needs a 16+ Oyster photocard, you can apply online Opens in new window icon .

How quickly will I receive the replacement Oyster photocard?
Your replacement photocard will usually be sent out within 1 working day and you should receive it within 3 working days.

I have moved house. Can I update my address details while ordering my child's replacement card?
You can usually update your address as part of the application process. However, if you are unable to do so please call us on 0343 222 1234 (08:00-20:00, 7 days a week).

I want to order a replacement 16+ Oyster photocard and update my new address details. Will my child still be eligible to get free bus and tram travel?
To get a 16+ Oyster photocard, with free bus and tram travel your child needs to live in London borough and, those aged 18 on 31 August must also, be in full time education. You can check if your new address is still within London, at www.voa.gov.uk/ctiOpens in new window icon.

If your new address is outside London, your 16-17 year old child will be issued with a 16+ Zip Oyster photocard that enables them to pay as you go and buy season tickets at half the adult rate. Those aged 18 on 31 August who live outside London are not eligible for a 16+ Zip Oyster photocard even if they are in full time education.

I don't live in London and I need to order a replacement Zip Oyster photocard. Will it be sent to my home address?
If you live in the UK your replacement Zip Oyster photocard will be sent to your home address.

If you lived outside the UK when you applied but you now live in the UK, you can update your address as part of the application process and we will send you replacement photocard to your home address.

If you live outside the UK you will need to collect the replacement Zip Oyster photocard from a Travel Information Centre. You will need to choose a collection date a minimum of 4 weeks from the date you apply for a replacement.

I want a new photo put on my child's replacement photocard. Can I upload this while ordering my duplicate card?
You can change your child's photo as part of the application process.

What will happen to my child's lost, stolen, damaged card?
The card will be stopped. If your child finds it again they won't be able to use it.

My Zip Oyster photocard, 18+ Student Oyster photocard or Apprentice London Oyster photocard had a season ticket and/or pay as you go on it. Will this be added to my replacement Oyster photocard?
Yes. In most instances we can issue a like for like Oyster photocard replacement.


You are here: